Basic gardening courses
Accredited training and bespoke training packages
Beekeeping project: Buzzin’
- Looked after children (or at risk of being)
- Young carers
- Young people in the youth justice system (or at risk of being
- Young homeless people (or at risk of being)
- Refugee and asylum seeking young people
- Young people with learning disabilities
- NEETs (not in employment, education or training)
- Vulnerable young people (or at risk of being)
The young people will work with our resident beekeeper and other staff to develop their confidence, skills and experience of enterprise through social action while learning how to keep bees in an urban environment and enjoying the diverse and lush green space the garden has to offer.
They will have the opportunity to learn the basics of beekeeping, identifying and creating habitats for all pollinators and craft activities associated with honey and beeswax. They will benefit from increased confidence and public speaking skills and further expand their employability by visiting our City of London partner businesses.
Are you a community group or organisation that wants a training package to suit you and your members’ needs? We can tailor-make non-accredited and accredited courses to suit you. Contact the garden to discuss.
We run various workshops throughout the year covering subjects such as vegetable growing in small spaces, propagation, floristry, using herbs to make scrubs and lotions.